NYC: Thu, Aug 29, 3–5pm or 6–8pm
ONLINE: Not available yet
It’s no secret that mobile devices have changed the computing landscape. An increasing number of people are browsing websites on smartphones and tablets, so they need to be mobile-optimized. People are also using native apps specifically designed for smartphones and tablets. With these new devices come new design challenges that we’ll discuss in this seminar.
Join us for a free 2-hour seminar so you can become a better designer. Here are some topics we’ll talk about:
- How Mobile is Affecting Logo Design
- Small screens can be challenging. We’ll talk about and show examples of various styles of mobile navigation.
- Pros and cons of different types of mobile navigation.
- User experience and content flow. Considering what your users need, so they have a great experience.
- Responsive Web Design
- A responsive website adapts itself across different size screens (mobile, tablet, desktop, etc.). Unlike separate mobile and desktop sites, a responsive website uses a single codebase that adapts to any size screen.
- Mobile First: Improve your designs by focusing on mobile devices first, instead of treating them as an afterthought once you’ve designed the desktop site.
- Designing flexible content that can work across devices.
- Emails can be responsive too!
- How much can you do?
- What do you need to keep in mind?
- How Do I Create My Graphics/Designs?
- What resolution & size should you work at?
- How to design for hi-res displays (Retina or HiDPI).
- Minimum button sizes that are ideal for tappable items.
- Previewing your designs live on devices while you work!
- Font considerations. How mobile fonts affect overall identity and print designs!
- Guidelines for App Icons
- Common icon sizes for iOS & Android
- Templates for automating icon creation
New York City seminars are held at:
594 Broadway, Suite 1202 (between Prince & Houston) Map